$200 million+ in shares sold

20,000+ share sale customers

Secure & Confidential

Selling Shares with Power of Attorney (POA)

If you have Power of Attorney (POA) and wish to sell shares on behalf of a friend or loved one, we can help you. POA share sales are quite common with Sell My Shares, and the process is very easy.

How to Sell Shares with Power of Attorney (POA)

The first step is completing an online share sale form on our website, which can be accessed by clicking the “Sell Shares Now” button on the top right of our website. This takes about 5 minutes to complete and is performed completely online.

In the online share sale form, you can elect to nominate the share sale as being a POA sale, and you will be provided with the relevant instructions.

Here is a screenshot of the relevant step in the share sale process where you can elect to indicate that your share sale is being completed with a POA:


Once the share sale form has been submitted, you will receive an email which asks you to read and accept the terms and conditions, and complete a short, online ID verification check. Click on the “Finish Share Sale” link in the email to initiate the online ID verification process.

Lastly, you will need to email us at shares@sellmyshares.com.au with the following documents:

1) Certified copy of the POA’s ID (eg drivers licence/passport)
2) Certified copy of the POA document
3) Certified copy of the shareholder’s ID*

*If no drivers licence or passport is available for the shareholder, you can provide us with a certified copy of the shareholder’s birth certificate, as well as a certified copy of a recent bill with the shareholder’s name on it, such as a nursing facility statement or utility statement.

To get a copy of your documents certified:

1. Find a person who can certify documents, such as a post office employee, pharmacist, dentist, physiotherapist, nurse, police officer, JP or lawyer.
2. Ask them to certify a copy of the document. They can do this by copying the document and writing the following text “I certify that this is a true and correct copy of the original document sighted on ___/___/ YYYY”. They must record their name, address and registration number (if applicable, say for a Justice of the Peace).
3. Scan or take a legible photo of your certified copy, and email it through to us at shares@sellmyshares.com.au

To start your POA share sale, simply use our online form.